With a new update scheduled for this week, information is being uncovered that shed light on new challenges and features awaiting the Tenno. Be sure to check back every day as new items are added to the this page
The Second Dream unveiled the desolate Moon from The Void. But there was once a time when the Orokin ruled over the Solar System from this prestigious satellite, a home full of awe-inspiring architecture.
The time has come to explore both timelines. Your deft spy skills are called upon as you overcome time-bending challenges on new Moon missions.
Corpus and Grineer ships have received a substantial upgrade to their reactors – it’s time to discover a new way to Sabotage! Enemy upgrades include new security measures and failsafe cooling systems that will alter the environment as you play.
Choose a unique Sabotage strategy and destroy these new reactors in the improved Reactor Sabotage 2.0. Play to the strength of your squad and take down those ships, Tenno!
Consume the life of your enemies and embrace a richness of health with Lotus’ newest warrior, Inaros. Use your abilities to siphon the health from those who would defy you, or force their submission by summoning the might of Phobos’ sandstorms. Overwhelm the enemy with Inaros’ final ability, sending minions to both consume their vitality and heal your allies.
PC Update 18.5 is getting closer, which means Devstream 69 is the perfect time for the team to give a peek behind the development veil! Don’t worry, everyone’s decent.
This week we took a look into some of the new enemies and mechanics that will be featured in Update 18.5, including some incredible Kavat animations and a serious upgrade to lighting and smoke FX. If you happened to miss all the action as it happened live you can still watch Devstream 69 on Youtube here(link). There’s a lot of excellent in-progress footage that’s shown off, so we highly recommend it!
Otherwise, let’s get down to business.
TennoCon is happening! We’re still a little light on details for now, but be warned that our first ever all-Warframe celebration will be taking place July 2016 in London, Ontario. Stay tuned for more information in the near future!
Oberon Deluxe Skin
In celebration of the 100th built Oberon by SmallSabba we’re revealing a sneak-peek into our next upcoming Deluxe Skin:
We don’t have too many details available but we do have a rework that’s being developed for Mag’s Abilities. More info into this polarizing rework should be available on our next Devstream.
Kavat development has been ongoing, and we’re making excellent progress on their animations! Our goal is to have these adorable but deadly creatures available on PC in Update 18.5. Be sure to check out Devstream 69 on Youtube to see some of these in-progress animations in action.
Update 18.5 Quality of Life Updates
Several updates are planned to help improve the overall quality of life in Warframe, including but definitely not limited to:
Mid-Mission progress saves so that players can recover obtained Mods / loot when reconnecting to a Mission they were disconnected from.
Major improvements are being made to smoke FX that will better display local lighting. Smoke moves, takes lights, reactions to explosion force and WF abilities.
New weapon holster positions will let players adjust their holster/unholster position on their back or waist, in addition to giving some control over draw animation speed.
Fogging, bloom, and shine FX will have a tremendous visual upgrade that should improve the visuals of just about everything in-game. Check out these incredible screenshots below for a glimpse of what’s to come!
Orokin Moon Tileset Expansion
Moon tileset improvement includes pre- and post-Void collapse versions of the Moon. This new tileset will have players moving between the past and present in a lot of exciting and creative ways.
Improved Scaling on Warframe Abilities
We’re always looking to improve synergy and end game viability on Warframe Abilities, and we’ve already made a few big changes to help some Warframes scale better against high level enemies. Players can expect to see more changes to help bring up all Warframes to the same level, and we’ll make sure to let you know who we have in mind as these improvements continue to roll out.
Dark Sector Returns
It’s still too early to talk about, but our Dark Sectors it will be making a return with some major changes. This new Dark Sector will encourage co-operation and competition between Clans in a way that all players can participate. Expect more information as we get closer to a Dark Sector re-release in the future.
Operator Facial Expressions
Operators will be receiving some exciting new facial animations and skin shading FX that should help to improve immersion in Missions with more expressive Operators.
Our yet-to-be-named Mummy Warframe is looking good! We’ve been working hard to tweak his unique set of powers behind the scenes and are sure that he’ll be an incredible powerhouse on the battlefield.
Has no shields, but a large health pool.
Has the ability to life steal and scale his armor up.
Can create minions and use his HP in his ultimate.
Has a unique pre-death state that involves his sarcophagus.
We’re currently reviewing Focus, with more of an emphasis on fixing bugs than making any more immediate changes.
We’re tracking data on how players are collecting Focus and what acquisition rates are.
More Focus improvements may come in the future, once we’re satisfied with the progress of our current Focus Update.
Excalibur Plushie is live and available in our Warframe store!
The Limited Edition Nyx statue will be available in spring.
Round 2 of Tennogen is now live!
Players should see the Sheev make a triumphant return in Sorties, most likely in Season 6
In Teshin’s Conclave Tenno must constantly be aware of their environment. Testing your skills against other Tenno can open your eyes to new styles of combat, or can help hone your talents against more deadly opponents.
One of the most challenging parts of Conclave design is how quickly it’s expanded since launch. New weapons, Warframes, maps and game modes have turned the Conclave into an ever-evolving arena where players can experience an entirely unique kind of gameplay in Warframe. But just because we have a solid foundation doesn’t mean it’s time to let Teshin rest at ease. There’s still plenty of work to be done
The Conclave is meant to push Tenno to the limit of their abilities, but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be a fair fight for those first learning the basics. ‘Recruit Conditioning’ is a new way to bracket beginner Tenno into matches amongst peers of equal experience as opposed to veterans. It will help players that are just learning the basics of Conclave fight on even ground with their fellow Tenno, and will be turned on by default for all players with a Mastery Rank of 2 or less.
This special feature will disable all Rare Mods in Conclave for those who have it active, and will match players up against other Recruits that are just getting their feet wet in the competitive arena. Those feeling extra bold can freely disable Recruit Conditioning in their options menu.
Being crowned the victor of Annihilation means you’ve not only proven your mastery of the Ways of Old but you’ve done so in the chaos of a truly unpredictable battlefield. But sometimes it’s also nice to hone your blade against a single opponent.
Many veteran Tenno are familiar with Dueling, but have yet to be given the opportunity to test their 1v1 skills in our updated Conclave maps. With this new update, bowing at an opponent in Annihilation will give them a brief window to respond with an ‘Agree’ emote. Then, the duel begins.
In a duel, players will have their health, ammo, and shields restored to maximum and they can only damage each other for the next 2 minutes. Their energy will also be adjusted, automatically set to 10, so that no player has an edge over the other.
Deciding which Warframe to use in Conclave is a tough choice, and we’re happy to say that choice just became a little more difficult. As of 18.5 all Warframes will be available for use in Conclave with Abilities and traits balanced for use against other players.
We’re excited to see how the meta within Conclave will change with players able to access their full selection of Warframes, but that doesn’t mean we’ve reached the end. Expect more updates to Conclave’s maps, features, weapon selection and modes in the future. We hope you’ve enjoyed this quick look into our Conclave improvements scheduled for Update 18.5
Sortie Season 5 has begun, and on Primetime a new Sortie Reward Pool also means another chance at the PowerPlat jackpot! Join your hosts DERebecca and [DE]Megan as they suit up and take on the latest Sortie challenges!
Hek is making his move. We have just detected a Balor Fomorian traveling on an interception course with a Relay. The beast moves slowly but if we allow it to get within firing range, it will surely obliterate our new relay. We need to destroy it before that happens.
Intelligence reports state that the Balor Fomorian’s power core emits a thick energy field composed of deadly omega radiation. In order to break through the field you will need to craft this Fomorian Disruptor. It will allow you to safely approach the core and when activated it will temporarily disrupt the core allowing you to inflict damage.
Move quickly Tenno, this is the first Balor Fomorian attack but it won’t be the last. When the others come we must be ready.
DERebecca and [DE]Megan are joining forces to hunt down the Stalker’s Acolytes on tonight’s episode! Help track down these threats and bring balance back to the solar system. PLUS, see this week’s rad new Fan Art, and see the Fan Concept of the week!
Click below to watch Episode #103 of Prime Time now!
Alad V has returned, hunted by the Acolytes of Stalker for his crime of aiding the Lotus. True to their word, the Tenno will repay their debt to their unsteady ally, tracking down these assassins across the Solar System before they have a chance to reach their mark.
Raid Corpus and Grineer facilities to find information that will help uncover the Stalker’s elusive Acolytes. Join your fellow Tenno in the hunt and put a stop to the Stalker’s plans!
The monumental update is finally here – The Second Dream introduces the first cinematic Quest which answers the question many players have been asking for nearly three years; “What is a Warframe?”
The new Ivara Warframe, Sortie Missions, Conclave expansion, a host of new weapons and accessories, and so much more are also live!
New Cinematic Quest: The Second Dream
The Sentient Hunhow has enlisted the Stalker to destroy the Tenno by exploiting a long forgotten secret. A secret that cuts to the heart of what it means to be a Tenno.
The Second Dream is available to all players who have completed the Quest: Natah.
24-Hour Code Rewards
If you entered the 24-hour codes on our teaser website, the below are the free rewards for each corresponding day! Please note: The rewards will show up in your inbox upon login, no action is required. Please note that this is for PC Tenno redemption only for now:
Day 1: Kubrow Egg Day 2: 5x Uncommon Fusion Cores Day 3: 3-Day Credit Booster Day 4: Orokin Catalyst Blueprint Day 5: Orokin Reactor Blueprint Day 6: 5x Rare Fusion Cores
BONUS PRIZE: If you’ve inputted all 6 codes successfully, you get the new Stalker Noggle Statue!
New Tileset: Orokin Moon
What we know of the Moon is a mystery, and entering its halls requires the completion of The Second Dream Quest.
Master the Seven Principles on the Orokin Moon
The Halls of Ascension are tightly wound into the fabric of known Orokin civilization. Uncover secrets along your path across the moon. Challenge yourself in seven unique rooms across seven principles for new unique Mod rewards. The measure by which the Orokin were judged will now put you to the test.
New Warframe: Ivara
With her quiver of tactical arrows, this huntress prowls unseen and strikes without warning.
Ivara’s Abilities are as follows:
• Quiver – Cycle through and shoot one of four tactical arrows: o Cloak Arrow: Creates a defensive bubble that cloaks allies and shields them from attacks. o Dashwire Arrow: Fires a zipline. o Slumber Arrow: Induces a temporary slumber in target. o Noise Arrow: Creates a noise at the point of impact to attract enemies. • Navigator – Assume control of a projectile and guide it to its targets. • Prowl – Become invisible, steal loot from unsuspecting enemies then go on the offensive with increased headshot damage. • Artemis Bow – Summon a mighty bow and unleash a volley of devastating arrows.
Obtain Ivara today through the Market or through Easy, Medium and Hard Spy missions!
New Weapons and Stances
• War: The Stalker’s sword as bestowed on him by the Sentient Hunhow. • Rubico: Scope out the enemy with this long-range revolver style rifle. • Talons: The claws of these tactical bombs dig into the target and detonate on command. • Lacera: In the practiced hands of a master this blade and whip weapon becomes exceedingly devastating. • An additional weapon may be hidden within the Second Dream. • New Single-Sword Stance: Vengeful Revenant! Hate… Dread… Despair…!
Sentient forces have appeared, but more are obscured from our sensors. Players can discover more about these ancient enemies in the Second Dream Quest.
Login Reward System Update
• The Login Reward System has been given a total overhaul, and will now give players increasingly valuable rewards with each daily login. • Logins are tracked cumulatively, and players will not be penalized for missing any number of logins. • Players with a higher Mastery Rank will have increased chance to receive rare (or more valuable) rewards. • Each level of Mastery Rank will provide a 5% increase to obtaining improved rewards. • Login Rewards are randomly generated. • The following unique weapon has been added to the Login Reward System: o Azima: This unconventional machine pistol packs a deadly surprise. (Note: This weapon is a day 100 Login Reward Exclusive)
Sniper Rifle Revisions
The following changes have been made to all Sniper Rifles:
• Sniper Rifles now have a variable zoom that can be adjusted in two ways: o Firstly, your right mouse button is a ‘held’ aim. o Secondly, your middle-mouse button (alt-fire) adjusts zoom levels. • Each level of zoom will provide a stat bonus that is applied to each shot. These bonuses are specific to each Sniper Rifle and will be indicated in the scope. • Successive kills with a Sniper Rifle will apply toward a combo counter, which will apply a damage bonus for each successive kills. • The Sniper Rifle’s combo counter will reset after a period of delay, or when the player misses their next shot. • Sniper Rifle scopes have received a visual overhaul.
Sortie Missions are now available for all Tenno Mastery Rank 4 or higher!
• Sortie Missions are difficult endgame Missions for experienced Tenno that can be completed alone or with a group. • Each Sortie Mission will have its own unique requirements or enemy modifiers, favoring Tenno that have a versatile arsenal. • Players can access Sortie Missions through the Sortie Icon through the upper right hand corner of the World State Window in Navigation. • Sortie Missions will change daily, and players must complete all three connected Missions to receive a reward from that Season’s pool. • Each Sortie Season will last for a period of 15 days before cycling in a new Season with an updated loot table. • Players can review the rewards for the current Season in the World State Window. • Please note: Sorties must be played in order and all three missions must be completed to receive a reward!
New Game Mode and Reward Changes:
• Infested Excavation – this popular game mode can now be played against Infested enemies and can be found on the following nodes: o Earth, Tikal o Europa, Cholistan o Phobos, Zeugma o Venus, Malva o Pluto, Hieracon • Many Survival and Excavation missions have been rebalanced so that the mission rewards match the difficulty of the mission, the enemies spawned are appropriately challenging, and the enemy level scaling is consistent. This includes tuning such as reducing caps of Sapping Osprey, and ensuring similar leveled nodes have a similarly difficult mix of enemies. o Malva, Wahiba, Elara, and Piscinas went from ‘Easy’ rewards to ‘Medium’. o Cameria, Cassini, and Selkie went from ‘Hard’ rewards to ‘Medium’. o Lillith, Wendell, and Zeugma went from ‘Medium’ rewards to ‘Hard’. • Tuned Energy Cell Carrier spawn-rates to be similar for all Excavation missions. • Adjusted rewards for Excavation and Survival missions to replace over-popular Mods with credit bundles. • Dark Sector Survival and Dark Sector Excavation missions reward tables have been updated to better match regular missions, including the addition of Void Sabotage Keys and Fusion Core bundles. • T4 Keys have been added to reward tables for the following missions: o Eris, Zalba o Pluto, Hieracon o Ceres, Gabii • There is now a 30-Second window in Interception missions once you’ve intercepted the message to kill all enemies and collect loot. Once this 30 seconds is up, you’ll be prompted by the Reward screen. This should prevent progression stoppers in Rounds where the game thinks there are enemies left.
• Salix Syandana: Ivara’s cocoon-like Syandana. • Pakal Syandana: Formed from the bones of Sentient fighters and given to the Stalker by Hunhow. • Pakal Stalker Armor: Formed from the bones of Sentient fighters and given to the Stalker by Hunhow. • Pakal Kubrow Armor: Pakal style armor, fashioned for a Kubrow. • Scimitar Sotz Skin: Cast the Stalker’s caustic shadow across the Scimitar with this skin.
• Players now have 4 Revives available per Mission. Returning to your Landing Craft will refresh all Revives between missions. • Players can no longer purchase Revives in the Arsenal. • Revives used in Missions will cost experience for each Revive used. This feature is currently disabled, but will be activated in a future Update.
• New Landing Craft: Scimitar o Scimitar: This blade-like landing craft is armed with Barrage Air Support. Find the Scimitar in the Market today! • Simulacrum Arsenal: Players can now adjust their Warframe loadouts while in the Simulacrum for more efficient testing. • The Simulacrum has been given a visual overhaul! • Maroo’s Bazaar: Found on Earth, Maroo’s Bazaar is a place where players can go to trade or advertise their goods. o Players can set themselves available for a trade openly by selecting the ‘Trade’ option above the Emote wheel when in the Relay’s Concourse. Selecting this option again will make you no longer available for trade. o Players can initiate a trade by focusing on the player they wish to trade with, and then selecting the ‘Trade’ option above their Emote wheel. o One player must make themselves available to trade in order to initiate a trade. o Normal trade limitations are still in place for Trades done through Maroo’s Bazaar. • Clan Warlords can now downsize the tier of their Clans. Do this by visiting your Dojo! • Trinity’s skirt has been given its own physics! • Lotus VO has been added to inform players when a fellow Tenno is downed and in need of Reviving! • Foundry Rush costs will now offer a scaled Rush Platinum price once an item reaches 50% craft completion.
The following changes have been made to Rhino, and are available for all players immediately:
• Rhino has been given a passive: Heavy Impact! • Rhino Charge has received the following changes: o Rhino Charge can now gore enemies caught in his path! o Rhino Charge now has a re-cast combo counter (mechanically identical to Valkyr’s Ripline and Atlas’ Landslide). o Duration mods no longer affect Rhino’s Charge. o Range mods will now affect Rhino Charge’s distance. o Rhino Charge’s distance is now based on his ability combo counter. o Rhino Charge will now result in a Blast proc on targets if Iron Skin is active while Charging. o Rhino Charge will deal double damage against targets affected by Rhino Stomp. • Iron Skin has received the following changes: o Iron Skin has damage absorb period at beginning and is affected by armor, like Snow Globe and Tectonics. • Rhino Stomp has received the following changes: o Fixed ‘double getup’ when enemies affected by Rhino Stomp get ragdolled. o Rhino Stomp is recastable now and picks up new enemies in range.